The Influence Of Growth Mindset And Emotional Intelligence On Work Achievement Of Lectures In Mercu Buana University

Bisono, Tika and Manurung, Antonius Dieben Robinson and Widagdo, Nunnie.R. (2018) The Influence Of Growth Mindset And Emotional Intelligence On Work Achievement Of Lectures In Mercu Buana University. In: Prosiding: The 6th ASEAN Regional Union Psychological Society (A R U P S) Congress “Driving Mental RevolutioninthePsychological Century: Enhancing Psychological Services for a Better Future” 20 -22 February 2018, Bali-Indonesia. Himpunan Psikologi Indonesia (HIMPSI) Indonesian Psychological Association, Bali. ISBN 978-602-96634-8-8

[img] Text (PROSIDING)
55 Proceeding-of-The-6th-ASEAN-Regional-Union-Psychological-Society-ARUPS-Congress-2018-.pdf

Download (10MB)

Abstract

This study examines the influence of growth mindset and emotional intelligence on work achievement. The instrument used in this research is the growth mindset instument constructed by Manurung & Sulistiyani (2017), according to Dweck (2006) concept, emotional intelligence instrument adapted and modified by Manurung & Irandha (2016) according to Goleman concept (2015), and work achivement measurement instrument constructed by Manurung (2011) from the concept of Munandar (2001). The method used in this research is quantitative approach with simple linear regression and multiple linear regression technique. The population in this study is all lecturers of Mercu Buana University amounted to 922 people. By use purposive sampling technique, obtained a sample of 155 people. Data analysis was done by using simple and multiple linear regressions to see the influence of each independent variable to the dependent variable and to analyze the influence of growth mindset and emotional intelligence on work achievement. The results showed that (1) growth mindset influenced work achievement with t value of 5.901. (2) emotional intelligence affects work achievement with a t value of 17.717. (3) growth mindset and emotional intelligence affect work performance with value of F equal to 313,897 and level of significance 0,000. Hypothesis test also showed a significant influence between growth mindset and emotional intelligence on work achievement of 72.2%. This means that work performance variables can be influenced by the variation of independent variables (growth mindset and emotional intelligence) of 72.2%. The remaining 27.8% of work performance is influenced by variables that are not observed and are outside the model. The method used in this research is quantitative method. Statistical data analysis is using SPSS / PC + software version 23.

Item Type: Book Section
Uncontrolled Keywords: growth mindset, emotional intelligence, work achievement
Subjects: B Philosophy. Psychology. Religion > BF Psychology
Divisions: Fakultas Psikologi > Program Studi Psikologi
Depositing User: Psikologi UMBY
Date Deposited: 03 Jul 2020 07:03
Last Modified: 03 Jul 2020 07:03
URI: http://eprints.mercubuana-yogya.ac.id/id/eprint/8858

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item